The most beautiful tavern of Istria is managed by charismatic, eccentric Nevio Sirotić who is Toklarija’s patron, chef and waiter. An ancient, 500 years old olive press dominates the tavern with fourt tables and a wood stove. Their food is asparagus, mushrooms, homemade pasta and vegetables from the house garden. Depending on the season, Toklarija offers white truffles, rabbits and hens. So, is Toklarija’s a top author’s cuisine with authentic local ingredients or we’re just deceived by it’s charming patron…the jury is still out on that.
- Cash Only
- Outdoor seating
- Pet friendly
- Smoking area
What to order?
- Warm fig on curd with baked eggplant
- Prosciutto, cepe, egg and truffl
- Vegetable and meat minestrina
- Chocolate-olive oil cake
- Plum marmalade with herbs and candied cherries
- Sovinjsko polje 11, Buzet, Croatia
- +385 (0)91 9266 769
- Wed-Mon 01:00PM - 10:00PM